Let’s see how computer vision is powering marketing strategies in 2022
Computer vision is a branch of artificial intelligence (AI) and deep learning that allows computers and systems to extract useful information from digital photos, videos and other visual inputs, as well as to take action or make suggestions based on this data. If artificial intelligence allows computers to think, computer vision allows them to see, look and understand.
Uses of computer vision:
- When a dog, an apple or a person’s face is seen, the image classification can classify it. It can reliably identify whether or not a particular image refers to a specific class. A social networking company, for example, would like to use it to automatically detect and separate problematic photographs shared by users.
- Object detection can use classification methods to identify a specific image class before detecting and tabulating its occurrence in an image and videos. Detecting damage on a production line or spotting machines in need of repair are two examples.
- Object tracking is the process of tracking or tracking an object after it has been discovered. This activity is frequently carried out using sequenced photos or real-time video streams. For example, autonomous vehicles must not only identify and detect things like people, other automobiles, and road infrastructure, but also track them in motion to avoid crashes and obey traffic rules.
- Computer vision is used in content-based image retrieval to browse, search and retrieve photos from large data repositories based on an image’s content rather than metadata This work could include annotation automatic images, which would play the role of a manual image labeling.
Over the past few years, the field of marketing has advanced tremendously. Thanks to new technologies, companies have discovered better methods to reach customers, collect relevant data and analyze information to generate important insights. Computer vision is helping businesses transform and improve their marketing processes as better smartphones and networking infrastructure become available. The goal is to provide customers with a better and more personalized brand experience, ensuring they will return.
Marketing enhancing computer vision:
- Companies hire entire teams to scan particular social networks or websites for posts that could harm or benefit their brand. Not only is it not inefficient and expensive, but it is also incomplete. This is where computer vision comes into play.
- With the advent of e-commerce and online businesses, it’s more important than ever to understand how customers find your products. Using specialized technologies to allow customers to search using photos eliminates the need for manual tagging and can be used as a powerful search and filtering tool.
- Customer responses are analyzed using computer vision technologies to better understand the emotions aroused by the company’s products.
- To develop highly personalized and distinctive designs that match their company’s brand identity, several logo design tools leverage AI and GANs. These tools offer attractive and distinctive usage alternatives by taking aesthetic cues from well-known characters.
- It can be used to choose photographs based on their chance of attracting attention. Rather than relying on a crude taste-based approach, computer vision evaluates these photographs based on factors that are important in photography. Image grading is based on factors such as contrast, lighting, angles, and depth of field.
With the market increasingly favorable to sharing, marketing teams must now collect and organize visual data into meaningful statistics. A brand can save money and effort by increasing its return on investment through improved campaign planning, in-depth strategy, computer vision utilization plans, and effective merging of marketing with the technology.
Share this article
Do the sharing
About the Author
More info about the author