Viewers can now watch American Idol 2022, Hell’s Kitchen and live sports through Samsung TV Plus channels
London, UK – March 10, 2022 – Samsung Electronics Ltd launched a series of owned and operated channels – including the savage planet and entertainment center – which give Samsung TV Plus viewers 24/7 access to some of the most popular shows on TV, including American idol 2022. Samsung has also entered into partnerships with ITV studios, Banijay and FreeSports which dramatically increase the scope of free content available to Samsung TV Plus audiences.
American Idol 2022 – UK Exclusive
American Idol 2022 will be shown exclusively on Samsung TV Plus UK.
American Idol 2022 will now be available on VOD accessible 24/7 via the Samsung TV Plus homepage and audiences will be able to enjoy new episodes added weekly. The show will also be available to watch live on linear TV through the new Entertainment Hub channel on the 10and Of March.
This season of american idol will see judges Luke Bryan, Lionel Richie and Katy Perry return for the all-new series – with Ryan Seacrest returning as the show’s host.
The extent of free entertainment available to the public is expected to grow further – with recent years American Idol 2021 season also joining the content list from June 2022.
Richard Jakeman, European Business Development Manager for Samsung TV Plus, said: “American Idol has been making a splash since 2002 with a dedicated global fanbase who are invested in the contestants’ musical journeys. We are delighted to offer our UK audiences access to this landmark season of American Idol through our channel. Samsung TV Plus gives people the best entertainment and delivers it on their terms.”
Jamie Lynn, EVP Co-Production & Distribution, EMEA at Fremantle comments: “It’s great that we can work with Samsung TV Plus to celebrate the 20and season of American Idol with a British audience. This is a show that has changed the face of TV in so many ways and the innovative way Samsung is reaching new audiences and bringing content to its platforms makes this partnership even more exciting.
Entertainment Center Channel
Samsung launches new owned-and-operated channel, Entertainment Hub, on the 10and Of March.
The channel is dedicated to providing entertainment for the whole family, including global hit shows such as:
- American Idol (2022 and 2021 seasons*): The world famous American Idol 2022 will debut on Samsung TV Plus’ entertainment center The 10and of March – with American Idol 2021 available in June 2022.
- MasterChef Australia (seasons 7-10): MasterChef Australia is a critically acclaimed competitive cooking game show based on the original British MasterChef. In seasons 7-10, audiences experience the show’s hottest episodes as aspiring chefs learn to brave the heat or get out of the kitchen.
- Project Runway (seasons 7–16): Project track is the hit American reality television series focused on fashion design. Guided by fashion icons Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn, the contestants compete for a chance to showcase a collection at New York Fashion Week.
Each show will be available live on the channel’s stream, as well as on VOD on the channel’s page.
Savage Planet Chain
Viewers can also take a walk on the wild side with wild planet – a nature and wildlife channel available exclusively on Samsung TV Plus.
wild planet presents the incredible natural stories of our planet. From the scorching sands of the Sahara, the snow-capped mountains of the Himalayas to the volcanic wonders of Yellowstone, wild planet explores our world’s most awe-inspiring biomes – and connects audiences with the remarkable species that inhabit them.
Guiding viewers through these spectacular environments are some of the most revered documentary filmmakers of all time, including Nigel Marven and the legendary David Attenborough. Shows include Ant Mountain from Attenborough, Wild Philippines from Nigel Marven, Children’s Guide to the Kalahari and much more.
Alongside the launch of these owned-and-operated channels, Samsung TV Plus has entered into a series of partnerships with influential production houses and major content players. These partnerships ensure Samsung TV Plus audiences have 24/7 access to the latest and greatest shows that meet every entertainment need, all for free.
These partnerships include:
Samsung x ITV Studios
The partnership with ITV Studios includes the launch of two ITV Studios channels in February 2022:
- Hell’s Kitchen: Aspiring chefs are divided into two groups by legendary chef Gordon Ramsay. The chefs must participate in a multitude of culinary challenges to win the grand prize.
- Tales: Home of acclaimed European and global dramas presented in their original language, with English subtitles.
Samsung x Banijay
Samsung TV Plus’ partnership with Banijay offers audiences access to three exclusive channels in February 2022:
- Agree or disagree US: Deal or No Deal US is the groundbreaking hit game show where contestants play and trade for a cash prize in a contest of nerves, luck and raw intuition.
- McLeod’s Daughters: McLeod’s Daughters is an Australian television drama series created by Posie Graeme-Evans and Caroline Stanton. When Jack McLeod dies, his two daughters inherit Drovers Run, a sprawling cattle ranch in outback Australia. Their lives are difficult and the obstacles many, but the rewards are just as great as the wild lands they have inherited.
Samsung x FreeSports
FreeSports is a UK free-to-air sports TV channel operated and owned by Premier Media – now available through Samsung TV Plus.
FreeSports is home to the best live sports action, with over 1000 events a year, averaging 10 hours a day. The channel hosts association football, combat sports, ice hockey, tennis, rugby league, rugby union, basketball, cricket and snooker.
*The 2021 season will be available on Entertainment Hub from June 2022.